From litigation to land use regulations, administrative hearings to contract law, we are the premier San Francisco firm to effectively address your legal needs and efficiently solve your legal problems.
We are among the most well-respected construction law firms in California. Whether you are seeking advice in planning a major construction project, dealing with bid protests, liens, change orders, stop notices, and other mid-project disputes, or facing full-on litigation for defects, delays, or payment, you can count on our decades of experience in the industry and our aggressive and direct approach to resolving complicated construction disputes.
Contractors and Subcontractors
We have represented dozens of contractors in litigation against subcontractors, owners, and design professionals, claims to recover on change orders and for non-payment, and defense of delay claims, construction defect claims, and inefficiency allegations. For example, we have:
- Represented the largest domestic specialty subcontractor in one of the largest construction defect cases in California ( involving over 80 defendants and alleged damages of over $500 million) arising out of the construction of a casino operated by tribal authorities on tribal land.
- Represented a major subcontractor in a defect and delay claim relating to the LEED Silver-certified General Services Administration building in San Francisco.
- Defended a subcontractor in connection with a $30 million water intrusion claim at the western regional headquarters of a national insurance company.
- Represented contractor in a differing site condition claim in the remediation of DDT-contaminated soils a Super Fund site.
- Represented a subcontractor in connection with alleged failure to comply with numerous ADA issues in the design and construction of the Kodak Theater in Los Angeles.
Owners and Developers
We regularly consult with owners and developers to provide planning, guidance, and litigation avoidance advice for construction projects of all sizes, from single-family homes to the San Francisco International Airport. And when litigation does occur, we have successfully represented international corporations, cities and public entities, and individuals in asserting their rights against design professionals, contractors, and regulatory agencies. For example, we have:
- Advised and represented the San Francisco Airport Commission in all aspects relating to the $2.9 billion construction of new terminals, a light rail system, roadways, garages, and supporting facilities, and served as primary day-to-day legal counsel for program staff and contract management teams.
- Advised the owner and developer of the Livermore Auto Mall in the construction of five dealerships.
- Counseled a single-family homeowner in San Francisco through a multi-million dollar remodeling and mold remediation project.
- Represented a Peninsula city in minimizing claims relating to the construction of state-of-the-art library and community center.
- Represented the owner of a Livermore property in the remediation of contaminated soils where plume had migrated beneath several large commercial buildings.