Scott Emblidge is a seasoned trial lawyer who has obtained successful jury verdicts and court judgments in cases involving complex business transactions, civil rights claims, novel constitutional issues, class actions and real property disputes. But Scott’s expertise does not stop at the trial courts – he is a respected appellate lawyer as well. Scott’s practice involves most of the areas on which the firm focuses:
- Business Litigation. Scott has represented companies large and small in disputes over contractual obligations, corporate and partnership dissolution, unfair competition claims, licensing disputes, commercial landlord/tenant issues, enforcement of judgments and trade secret issues.
- Governmental and Municipal Law. Based on his ten years as a deputy city attorney in San Francisco, and his thirteen years representing public entities as outside counsel, Scott is a recognized authority on a wide range of municipal law issues including federal and state preemption, affirmative action, open meeting laws, civil rights claims, and First Amendment issues. He is also well versed in government contracting rules and advises businesses competing for government contracts.
- Real Property Law. Scott has represented individuals and businesses in litigation relating to easements, failure to disclose property defects, property line disputes, trespass claims and inverse condemnation. Scott also advises businesses and individuals on land use issues, including governmental regulations and permits, as well as compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act and other environmental laws and regulations.
In addition, Scott serves as a mediator for the United States District Court, Northern District of California and for the California Court of Appeal, First Appellate District. He has mediated dozens of cases.
Scott has repeatedly been named a Northern California Super Lawyer. Super Lawyers is a listing of the top 5% of attorneys in Northern California who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. He has been named among the highest class of attorneys for professional ethics and legal skills with an AV-Preeminent rating by Martindale Hubbell. In addition, Scott was recognized by American Lawyer Media as one of San Francisco’s Top Rated Lawyers.
Scott Emblidge received his law degree in 1985, cum laude, from Harvard Law School and a B.A. in Political Science, with Highest Honors, from California State University at Fullerton.
- Dispatch & Tracking Solutions, LLC v. City of San Diego, 2016 WL 1407739 (2016)
- Sierra Club v. City and County of San Francisco, 2015 WL 5724809 (2015)
- Scheinberg v. County of Sonoma, 2014 WL 5305857 (2014)
- Associated General Contractors of America v. California Dept. of Transp., 713 F.3d 1187 (9th Cir. 2013)
- Coral Const., Inc. v. City and County of San Francisco, 50 Cal.4th 315 (2010)
- Retired Employees Ass’n of Orange County, Inc. v. County of Orange, 610 F.3d 1099 (9th Cir. 2010)
- Marlo v. United Parcel Service, Inc., 254 Fed.Appx. 568 (9th Cir. 2007)
- Wolfe v. City of Fremont, 144 Cal.App.4th 533 (2006)
- City of Goleta v. Superior Court, 40 Cal.4th 270 (2006)
- Great Western Shows, Inc. v. County of Los Angeles, 27 Cal.4th 853 (2002)
- Air Transport Ass’n of America v. City and County of San Francisco, 266 F.3d 1064 (9th Cir. 2001)
- California Rifle & Pistol Assn. v. City of West Hollywood, 66 Cal.App.4th 1302 (1998)
- Coalition for Economic Equity v. Wilson, 122 F.3d 692 (9th Cir. 1997)
- Sherwin-Williams Co. v. City and County of San Francisco, 857 F.Supp. 1355 (N.D. Cal. 1994)